Ghost Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Division

PC Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
mumble - voip for gamers and friends

I need major help everyone read

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
[GD]Cod55
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
[GD]Cod55

Number of posts : 60
Clan : I need major help everyone read Ghostdivision
Registration date : 2008-11-22

I need major help everyone read Empty
PostSubject: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:29 am

ok well last night i tried getting the 1.6/1.7 update and also keeping the 1.0. well idk what i did but the video had me move the 1.0 files to my desktop. i have no idea why. the files were Mods Players and they said User maps but i looked every were for that one and i could not find it. so i just had the two. by the way im on a dell XPS M1530 with Windows vista and i hate the fucking the thing "VISTA" so i followed the video for the most part with the stuff i could do becaues the guy on the video was using a desktop with windows XP. not the smartest idea i had. well i did what he said downloaded the patch 1.6 and stuff and when i tried to instal it with install shield i get this message "error 1628 failed to instal" so i went to vista.com or whatever and did the steps they said to fix the problem but it didnt work. so i just decided not to patch the game. so when i went back to play cod4 my profile was back at 0. the video said that the players folder that is were your profile is. im pretty sure i did that part right. so the only thing i did was i took that folder "PLAYERS" and put back with the cod4 folders. OH also i did create a new profile but i think its gone now because when i start the game it wants me to create a new one and im sure i have the players folder in there. i open the folder it has profile, open that it says my name. so please help me get my profile back and if anyone knows how to do it so i have both patchs please help and make it a vista addition. please reply and i will help answer the questions im not that advanced with computers.
Back to top Go down
ilikepie
Commander
Commander
ilikepie

Number of posts : 577
Clan : I need major help everyone read Killzonenihilists
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:11 pm

you have to install all the patches in order. you cant just install 1.7. im not sure if you did that or not. just replace the new players folder with your old one and your profile should be back.
Back to top Go down
Emerick229
Commander
Commander
Emerick229

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:39 pm

and when fixing an error u shouldnt listen to vista, at least with gaming errors

you want to type the error exactly the way it says into a google search, odds are someone else has had the same problem

and pie when updating to 1.7, i think you can get by with just d/ling the 1.6, than the 1.6/1.7, than 1.7 updates
its been awhile since i updated, and i might have been drinking so i dont really remember
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/idono229
ilikepie
Commander
Commander
ilikepie

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm

i had to do them all 1 by 1. but i dunno maybe you did somehting different
Back to top Go down
[GD]Cod55
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
[GD]Cod55

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:50 pm

well i tryed putting the folder that said players in it back into the original but nothing happened when i played the game it was still at level one. also my cod5 waw acount is at level one again so idk is there a way i could take my old acount from my desktop with windows XP and put it on my laptop with windows vista. any ideas how not that smart with this shit lol
Back to top Go down
ilikepie
Commander
Commander
ilikepie

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:19 pm

im not sure about switching from xp to vista but i transfer my profiles between 2 computers all the time. get a hold of me on xfire and i can help you out
Back to top Go down
Gooch619
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Gooch619

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 pm

my accounts restarted quite a few times because of errors like that, couldnt figure out how to get my stats back so i just played till a got everything back
Back to top Go down
[GD]Cod55
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
[GD]Cod55

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:59 pm

hey everyone i found my old profile on my desktop. do you know ways that i could transfer it to my laptop. would emailing it or burning it on a disk work or maybe i can attach my laptop to my desktop and just transfer the files. ANY IDEAS im not going to do anything untill you give me some ideas because i will probably fuck this profile up to
Back to top Go down
ilikepie
Commander
Commander
ilikepie

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:07 pm

you could do any of those. puttin it on a usb jump drive is the easiest
Back to top Go down
[GD]Cod55
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
[GD]Cod55

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:58 pm

well i wud have to buy one unless i got one lying around
Back to top Go down
ilikepie
Commander
Commander
ilikepie

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:46 pm

you can do any of those ways. as long as you can transfer the entire folder over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need major help everyone read   I need major help everyone read Empty

Back to top Go down

I need major help everyone read
Page 1 of 1