Ghost Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Division

PC Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
mumble - voip for gamers and friends

Connection Problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Connection Problems Empty
PostSubject: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:25 am

Hey just wondering if any of you could help me out with this, let me explain. Ok so I was playing cod and then I had something come up on the screen saying Connection Interupted. I thought nothing of it because it happens on occasion, (Maybe once every week for various reasons). But now since then ive been getting it every about 2 minutes and its making it impossible to play because then my player just stands still and doesnt do what shows on my screen. Anyone know what could be doing this?
Back to top Go down
blackmagic
Commander
Commander
blackmagic

Number of posts : 482
Clan : Connection Problems Ghostdivision
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:31 pm

we need to know a little more... are you using wifi or just from the modem...
or are you piggy backing of a wifi with a direct connection? whats your internet
connection speed? you can always check also are HERE!
u on a lap top or on a pc?
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:30 pm

um, what black said is cool and all and you do need to tell us those details. What is likely happening is that there is a software on your computer that has access to the internet and is the reason for your bad ping and loss of packets. That is what causes your lag and connection problem. What you want to do it is download this MALWAREBYTES

Once downloaded, install it. Then, when prompt, update it. Once you have updated it select QUICK SCAN and click start scan. If it finds any problems, select to remove them. Once all of that is done, it will open up a notepad with a lot of crap in it. Copy all of it and paste it here so I can look at it and tell you what's up.
Back to top Go down
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm on a pc, with WiFi, and my ping is usually around 50, the problem is that when that happens it goes to 999, my connection speed is good it's just that it spikes.
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Is there anyone else that connects to the wifi while you are playing?

And run that program that my previous post talks about.
Back to top Go down
blackmagic
Commander
Commander
blackmagic

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:20 pm

also it would help to know what your UP/DN is... im cerious... click on the link on my post and tell us what ur UP/DN is... it might be your wifi router or modem need cycling... it happens from time to time.
Back to top Go down
dominikPL
Major
Major
dominikPL

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am

i have conect problems then PB in pipeline is on
Back to top Go down
http://www.deparis.pl
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:36 am

Yes INK there are actually 14 other devices on the network, that would probably be it right?
Back to top Go down
blackmagic
Commander
Commander
blackmagic

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

umm yeah...
it really depends on your total internet speed... u still havnt helped us know that...
but yea because whatever your speed is... its getting split 14 different directions...
aka ur getting 1/14th the speed
Back to top Go down
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, so I took a connection speed test and I have 6054kbps Download speed, 714kbps Upload speed, and it always said: Your local network is faster than your Internet connection this means that the bottleneck is probably outside your local network, between your router and your Internet service provider.
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Local network meaning all devices connected to your router will have faster connections between THEMSELVES, like fila sharing. Not internet. You still didn't run that scan I asked you too, that can fix the issue or if not, will give you a report from which I can tell you what the issue is.
Back to top Go down
blackmagic
Commander
Commander
blackmagic

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:34 pm

that or there's always the good ol internet company thats at fault... happened to me many times...
just call them up and say hey... my internet's slow and i've reset the modem and router several times...
and i was wondering if you could look to see if the problem is on your end or mine...

chances are they'll have you unplug your router, reset the modem, then they will run a PING test aginst your
modem that will give them alot of information... and they will either say yep its on our end ill reset it right now...
OR they will give you a few steps via phone that they will have u do... then vwala... problem fixed...

after all that you can also ask them what the exact cause was or why "that" would cause it to be slower
so you can have a better understanding for the next time something like this happens Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connection Problems   Connection Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Connection Problems
Page 1 of 1