Ghost Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Division

PC Gaming Clan

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
mumble - voip for gamers and friends

Computer problems.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-08-07

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Well as I already told some of you my computer has been crashing quite often, this time when it crashed during the scrim, it won't start up again, so I won't be playing for quite awhile, however I should still be active on the forum.
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

Number of posts : 537
Clan : Computer problems. Ghostdivision
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:24 pm

What you mean it won't start up again?

Did you try safe mode?

Also, did you check that it's not an overheating problem? Dusting out the fans and heatsinks will fix that.

You should be able to get into safe mode from where I can explain how to diagnose your computer to see what's up.
Back to top Go down
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 am

Dude the computer is off, not just shut down and now it doesn't turn on. Yes I have tried dusting the fans etc, but it just doesn't turn on.
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Like there is no power running to it?

Check your PSU, it might have burned out. Worst case scenario, your board fried. But lets hope that's not it. New PSU will run you 20-30 bucks. New mobo, a bit more. This is assuming that what you are saying is that there is nothing happening when you push the power button.
Back to top Go down
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Correct, power button does nothing.
Back to top Go down
blackmagic
Commander
Commander
blackmagic

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

you probably need a new power supply.. this happened to me a while ago, my comp crashed after only a few hours of playing, then one night nothing... my powersupply went out. its a pretty easy fix as long as you can unplug a whire, find a plug that looks the same on the new supply, and plug it back in with the new supply... Smile
that, or also like me the button shorted out, i had to get a new mobo for that one tho... again another realitivly easy fix but requires a little know how.... GL bro... ink what u think?
Back to top Go down
Ratio
Major General
Major General
Ratio

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:01 pm

It is just the PSU, so it shouldn't be too long till I am playing again, btw how did the game go after I left?
Back to top Go down
INK
Commander
Commander
INK

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

We won the second one, straight killed them.

When getting a new PSU, check what connectors you need. I'm pretty sure you have at least one thing running on SATA, so check before you buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer problems. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer problems.   Computer problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer problems.
Page 1 of 1